Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 57

To God Be The Glory: I haven't totally conquered the art of receiving. I usually take awhile to accept. I may still feel guilty in accepting, but this one is so obviously from God. I knew I must accept. He knows what is and is to come. I am actually excited about this next journey.
The following is a facebook message that I've been given permission to share.

" I was praying for the concerns you gave concerning Kelsey being alone at night yesterday and how you would need sleep as well. I was thinking of how I didn't sleep when my girls were babies not because they wouldn't sleep but I thought they might stop breathing or be smothered. You know, you have been there as well. As we do sometimes, I started wondering if I could come and help in the night times when you need your rest. Then the worries came to me... Who will care for my girls, can we afford it, Jason probably wouldn't think it was a good idea, and lastly, maybe I am not the right person for this. So I laid it aside and thought I could ask Jason what he thought about it later. Well, after I finished grocery shopping today he came to me and asked me the very thing I had been pondering. He even started looking at tickets. We know you might not want this and it would not hurt us a bit if you declined the offer. But please know we want to do this with all our hearts as I know many others probably do. The Lord is good and we trust in him as we know you all do. Much love to you all."

Proverbs 18:16 A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great.
Romans 15: 5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, 6 so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
So May our Lord be Glorified!

The first results back from the bone biopsy are not showing juicy cells coming out of the bone marrow. They are in the consideration side of getting more cords for her. I don't know any of the ramifications of doing this other than trying to get cells to give her an immune system. They could still recover also. It is a tough call. One for the experts. Her kidney disease is on the rise and still a huge concern. They have adjusted the dose of the medication for the brain infection. So the big three are still the brain infection, the bone marrow recovery, and the kidney disease. I don't try to keep tract much beyond the big three, although I listen and pay attention to everything. Great wisdom is needed.

Aunties, Uncle Eric, cousins, and Grandma are headed back to the Inn tonight. We will see the New Year in together. This will give them a little head start in their drive back to Indiana on Saturday, also. Looking forward to the evening.

From the Koch's to all of you:
"The Lord bless you and keep you--the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace." Numb. 6:24-26.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. so thankful to the Lord for how He provides... what a testimony to see how, when we send our requests to him and put our needs before his feet - how he will provide in such caring ways.
    Still praying for you as you continue through the journey...

    on another note, I teach with Tracy - my students made cards and a banner to send to Kelsey... it is a little late for their Christmas greetings (sorry) but I would still like to send what they made! (I ingtended to send this msg and get the "stuff" to you before Christmas, but got sick with whooping cough :/)
    Would you be willing to email the address where I can send this small package of first grade love? angelal@monroecentral.org
    thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete