Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 87

Kelsey has finished 2 out of the 4 days of chemo. She's gotten sick a few times each day. She is still vomiting blood from her stomach when she gets sick. She is very tired. We completed her move to the transplant room today. The preliminary report on the lumens is no growth. They will continue to check this everyday and look for growth; sometimes it takes days, but it appears like the medication is working. This remains a pray request for several weeks to come. Pray for the donor. This week will be very busy as Karly is getting her stuff done Monday and Tuesday, so I flit between rooms to catch all the doctors. My plan is to work on taxes, fafsa, and css profile also while I have help during the day and night. I only have 2 weeks to get it done, so it seems to be a perfect time to do it this week while Kelly and Angie are here. Kelly will be going home sometime right after the transplant. This will leave Kelsey alone at night. I'm not sure how I feel about that. My thought processes go something like this. I will ask for God to provide the next night-time caregiver. I must accept that this may not be His will and of course will accept His provision also. I think that if Kelsey is left alone or with a stranger, then God will provide me with a trust in Him to keep Kelsey safe....how novel is that. He will keep my mind at rest at night, the dreams sweet, and the body still. So, please pray for His will to be done in this whole area of a night-time caregiver. "In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. This morning we were reminded in church that God is Jehovah Jireh. Your provider. He sees your need and will provide what you need when you need it.
    Know we continue to stand with you in prayer. Thanks for sharing all the specific prayer requests. We lift them up with you.
    Blessing,
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. We know she is happy and whole in heaven! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

    julie ball gray

    ReplyDelete