Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 62

Joanna arrived safely. Have you ever heard me mention how perfect God's timing is? Kelsey had an awesome night nurse again Monday night which allowed me to rest fairly well. I was waiting to see which night nurse she was going to have Tuesday night. It turned out to be a nurse we have never seen before. I cannot express how grateful I was that Joanna was going to be with her last night. She had a quick lesson in what to watch for throughout the night which is not so easily learned. I think that watching Kelsey in pain with these spasms left her mother's heart wanting to see her out of pain. She did find herself asking for pain medication for her a lot. Kelsey did sleep between spells of pain. Joanna was there to help monitor her temp, hold her hand, get her sips of water when needed, and whatever else Kels needed. I was able to rest. Instead of dreaming about Kelsey, I dreamed about Karly. I will have to call her today to see how she is doing. Karly and Carmel will be traveling Sunday to return here for her cancer scans and antibody refueling. I am looking forward to their arrival. The following is from Joanna's husband. Please remember their sacrifice in meeting our need.

My Dear family here and across the states,

Tonight begins my time without my wife. For two weeks she will be in Washing D.C. taking care of her friend Kelsey. If your interested in reading more about Kelsey and seeing how she is doing and how you can be praying please follow her on this link http://kjkdancingthroughtherain.blogspot.com/ . If you take this challenge to pray here I want you to know that you won't be left unchanged by the witness that this girl is bringing to all those around her. Scripture tells us that we become more like Christ in our sufferings and that we should count it all joy. I know that Kelsey does count this all joy. That doesn't mean it feels good it doesn't mean that tomorrow she will be better, it only means that she has found her peace in becoming like Christ. I pray for her healing and know that she is being taken care of. I hear of her testimony she gives in her lucid moments and can't help but be left in awe at her courage. May I be able to stand as she has in this horrible pain and long-suffering. Please pray for my wife. She has such a sweet heart. I really do love her so and I know that these two weeks will be grueling for her. But I also know how strong she is. For every bit of tender heartedness she has she also has the strength of the Spirit to do far more than anyone could ever imagine. Pray for them hard my brothers and sisters and thank you for all you do. You don't know how much I really enjoy getting to serve with you all and be a part of such a grand body of Christ. Praise God!

in service to Him,
jason

There has been talk about moving Kelsey back to her 1NW room. I feel as though they could handle it especially now. I believe I will be more at ease in our familiar territory, I hope so anyway. God has our perfect plan and timing, so that is what I trust in. Transformation is a good word to describe what we are going through spiritually and physically(for Kelsey). My prayer is, "Holy Spirit, think through me, live through me, love through me." Romans 12:2 is one of our family's life verses: "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is....His good, pleasing, and perfect will." Another verse we live by is Romans 8: 26-27, "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts know the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." I absolutely trust that God, himself is perfecting our path; He is interceding through all the saints; He sends what we need when we need it. I still maintain that I do not know what I need while going through this. I like not knowing. I like knowing that it is being provided. I like that when it is provided, it is of God. Then the story is more powerful and gives God all the glory. I like weeping from the joy and love we receive. My heart remains thankful and grateful.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Still praying for healing for Kelsey! Recently I discovered this verse:

    "There is no one like the God of Israel, who rides through the skies to help you, who rides on the clouds in His majesty. The everlasting God is your place of safety, and his arms will hold you up forever. He will force your enemy out ahead of you, saying, 'Destroy the enemy!'" - Deuteronomy 33:26-27

    It's such a beautiful picture of God's might and control, and how He helps us to fight these huge battles like the one Kelsey is facing. Hopefully it will provide you with some encouragement. :]

    ReplyDelete