Thursday, January 20, 2011
Kelsey coughed up blood until 11:30pm, then ENT came in to stop some of the bleeding. By 12:30 she was resting. About 4:00am she started with the coughing and bleeding again. Her SATS dropped in the 70's most likely after she aspirated some blood. Kelly called me at 6:00am telling me they were moving her to ICU. She is doing better on oxygen but still not sure why all this is happening. The procedures will hopefully give everyone a clearer picture of what is happening, and we can move on out of ICU. Pray for Kelly. She has had a tough job already. I know she felt bad calling me this morning at 6:00, but she is doing an awesome job. It is a really helpless feeling not being able to make everything go well. I am grateful that she is here, and I have a companion to share these hard times with. As per the course, she is perplexing everyone. She is really suffering right now with all this bleeding and coughing. She is extremely confused even though her temp is holding. She is now in the OR for the endoscopy, bronchoscopy, and ENT procedures. Pray for clarity, safety, and ANSWERS!