Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 82

Yesterday she had the HIDA scan of her gall bladder. It took around 3 hours from the time we left her room and returned. Good news is that it is fine...no surgery needed. This is a sigh of relief. Fungus in lungs is the same as fungus in sinus. Not a surprise, but not happy news. However, no change in what we are doing. We went over her regime for the new transplant and signed the papers. YEA! Today sounds kinda busy. She will be getting her packing out, granulocytes, and a lumbar puncture. Holding off on MRI until tomorrow. Chemo starts on Saturday. She will get 4 days of two kinds. On Feb. 2 & 3 she has two days of rest(whatever that really looks like). On Feb.4 she receives a whopping dose of bone marrow from an adult donor who is willing to go under anesthesia. This is a big deal because in order to get enough marrow for her, he will have to get bone marrow aspirated from like 10 spots. This is a blessing for us, and I hope that someday we will be able to meet this person. Then we start the counting again. We will make it to Day 92 before we start over. Feb. 5 will be Day 1. The standard stay is 100 days. Everyday, I prepare by looking to Jesus to be in every thought and procedure. Everyday, I have to take a deep breath. Everyday, I struggle with wanting her to be well enough to come home. I want to come home. I feel bad about missing key moments in the kids lives. Trent turned 18. Tyler turned 21. Karly's living a "well" year. Missing prom and prom dress shopping. Little girls growing up. Trent's senior year and graduation. Seriously will be close as to whether I will make it home in time. Looking for the last possible date to accomplish this without hurting chances of family coming here over Memorial Day if we are still here. I know everyone understands and that all will be well, but it doesn't change what I'm missing. Then again, they are missing Kelsey, and I get to spend this time with her. I am lucky to be the one. God has a plan, and we are being obedient in this. The more time you can spend with Jesus, the more abundantly you can live. This is so true for all of us.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tammy,
    I am just continuing to praise the Lord for giving you and your family such faith in Him. You have no idea how inspiring you all are to me. Please know that we are keeping you and Kelsey in our prayers daily.

    With much love in Jesus Christ,
    -- Taylor

    P.S. It's comforting to know that each and every day is yet another day the Lord has made. I pray God will supply you with all that you need each morning to rejoice and be glad in it! :) (Psalm 118:24)

    ReplyDelete