Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 83

Kelsey is back to 1NW. She feels so much better when we return here. We only had to leave once for the MRI. She used her phone for the first time in a week; she asked for real food...Chinese. I had to order in for her. I guess it makes sense that she feels better. You are only in ICU when you are very sick. So, we are thankful she gets better and is sent back. Thank you for all the prayers. Prepping for the transplant is moving along. She still has several tests tomorrow...CT chest, EKG, Pentamidine Lab for a preventative breathing treatment in a negative flow room. Pray that after all that she will return to her room and not lose temp. Kelsey continues to impress us all. She has been through so much and is still fighting. Did I mention to thank you for all the prayers?

I was reading my devotional today, and it struck me that when I think about Kelsey she has already accepted living a problem-free life in heaven. In fact, there are times when this is what she prefers. BUT, she is still seeking Jesus' plan for her. She doesn't think He is done with her just yet. Her light is from Jesus, and it is now shining very brightly in and through the darkness of the world. May you find your purpose and peace through finding Jesus in a deeper way.
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. "For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ." 2 Cor. 4:6

    "And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor. 3:18

    "Then I said to myself, 'Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I'm immersed in the light!' It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you." Psalm 139:11-12

    Love you guys!!

    Paul, Susan & girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey's strength has to be God breathed..we continue to pray..Blessings to all of you..Love, Dianne
    Sometimes I just don't know how to comment on some of these blogs, but I continue to pray and am in awe of every step of this journey..To God be all glory.

    ReplyDelete