Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 91

All plans are still a go for coming home a week from today. This is getting more exciting the closer we get. Last week, I couldn't say that I was content in leaving, but this week I have become more restless about being here. It is time. The Lord is preparing us to leave. We rest in the peace God has given us and look forward to where He leads. There will be a lot to do from this end, but all with a fabulous goal on the other end. We celebrated how far we've come with Karly's doctor and nurse case manager. It has been one long journey. I know the journey won't end, but how we can rejoice in it. Karly is all smiles when we talk about her dreams and goals, her future!

On a medical note, you all will be amazed at how awesome Karly looks. Like I said before, she looks well, so it is deceiving how fragile she is. Our guard is up. Please be on guard if you plan on being with her. SHE CANNOT be around you if you are sick or even have a cold. She hasn't felt this well for 5 years. She doesn't even remember what that felt like. She is walking in new territory. We have our appts in Indiana. Her BP has been better, but her Creatinine is still high. We are guessing that it is tacrolimus related, and the fact that she already had kidney disease just makes it worse. They will probably start weaning her from it in 3 months which is a bit on the early side. Please pray her body will withstand that process. Please pray that her kidneys will recover from the abuse of the drugs. We are headed back to the hospital today for an extra looksy and have some results decoded for us. Pray that these things will be normal or be returning to normal. We have been saying goodbye to some extra special people this week and next. It will be a weird yet great thing that we don't return for 3 months. Haven't done that in over 5 years either. Pray that she really does stay well enough for the next three months to keep us at home.

I was reminded again today from the devotional that God has called me to walk with HIM. He wants me to blaze a trail for others who desire to live in HIS peaceful presence. He uses me in my weakness. 1 Timothy 1:12, "I thank Him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service."  I am still awed by this fact. Who am I that I can speak anything to others? All I can do is keep my eyes on Jesus and walk the path He shows me. If I am faithful, then I am useful in His service. Hebrews 10:23, " Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 11 talks about "by faith". We may never see the things we have hoped for, but we understand that God is faithful.
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment