Saturday, September 25, 2010

And so it begins....

Now we take a big breath in, sigh, and let it all go. Are we ready? Yes! Kelsey is beyond ready. Timing seems to be right. We have to believe it is right. School, dance, volleyball, soccer, and other extras are all in full gear now. I finally feel settled because I've done all I can do to prepare the troops at home. I feel sad at leaving them alone. It is the motherly thing coming through. I'm glad that I will only be gone for a week, then home for a week before I'm gone again. This will allow some of the kinks to come through, so we can do better for the long haul. So many of you have offered help and asked how to help. I'm sorry that I cannot tell you. I couldn't tell you last year when we were greatly challenged. I am relying on your hearts to tell you what we need. I am relying on God, our Father, to reveal Himself to you for all the particulars. I think that when we release our control to Him and find peace in Him, we receive the ability to trust Him one day at a time. In my devotional today it said to pour all of my energy into trusting Jesus. Baby steps of trust are simple, but giant steps: scaling cliffs of uncertainty & trudging through the valley of the shadow of death are another matter. My focus will be on the path just ahead of us and on the One who never leaves my side.

Thanks to all of you who came by last Sunday. Thanks to all of you who agreed in prayer with us at 4:00. Thanks to all of you who couldn't come by, just know that we appreciate you. I hope you felt loved and special. Each one of you are. We felt blessed by your presence.

Kelsey will be undergoing some firsts even for her. It is hard to imagine something she hasn't endured. Her schedule goes something like this:
Monday: Large blood draw, Endocrine testing, IVIG infusion, bedside consults
Tuesday: Dental, Bone density, screening with Dr. Hickstein(transplant)
Wednesday: Pulmonary Function, Bone Marrow Biopsy
Thursday: Radiology Oncology Consult, CT of head, chest, abdomen, pelvis, neck
Friday: Blood Draw and signs consents to enter Transplant Protocol
Saturday: hopefully flies home
Prayer requests: Courage, Strength, Perseverance, egg harvesting works out, nothing prevents her from entering protocol, minimal problems with each procedure, she gets to come home between Oct. 2 and when she starts the transplant(possibly Oct. 13)
As things happen, I'll be more diligent at blogging. Thanks for hanging in there over the summer.
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving such detail. Even if I don't what half of the tests are or involve, I love to pray for each one by name. Know you remain in our constant thoughts and prayers. We love you all.

    Carmel for the Read clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, You don't know us but we are praying for you and your precious family..your trust,faith and courage is amazing..I have been reading yoour blog for over a year I believe. I know God is in every decision, every moment..He has a plan..We pray that God's will be done..praying for peace and comfort for you..YOUR courage and strength is like a breath of fresh air.. With God's love and Blessings...Dianne and Gary Hartzell

    ReplyDelete