Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 18

She's had another long day. Good news is that they gave her the Cidofovir. With that drug comes a lot of fluid, nausea, and a crushed up nasty tasting pill that is taken 3 times. Just the mention of its name makes her gag. It is very mental to get through it. Karly and I are trying the randomness of silliness to take her mind off of it. In the midst of that is more platelets, reaction, itchiness, ice packs, heartburn on fire. We are trying to laugh our way through it. Thank goodness Karly is here. She is great at funniness. Liver counts still rising, Yuck. Rash is on arms, face, legs. She is wearing a beanie tonight although it makes her head hot. With the hair gone, the molluscum really shows so she likes to hide it. I got her a couple of scarves and t-shirts for a head wrap. We're learning. She is blistering under her dressing around her pic line...kinda weird. Her sputum culture showed some weird growth, so she is on respiratory isolation...currently pending the nasal wash. Her chest x-ray looked better than the one last week. Finally she is resting...maybe no drama tomorrow?

I loved my devotional reading today. "A thankful mind-set does not entail a denial of reality with its plethora of problems, instead it rejoices in Jesus, Our Savior, in the midst of trials and tribulations. He is our refuge and strength, an ever-present and well-proved help in trouble." I love this truth.

The message on Kelsey's blog last week is finally able to be copied. With the computers blocked here from certain functions, I was able to get what I needed while at my sister's. May this bless you as much as it has blessed us.
"I just happened to notice you today on my friend's page. I am a minister in Ohio and that's how I know our friend.

I hear God talking to me about you this morning, and I just want to share what I hear him saying…

He says that your faith is so pleasing to him, you have such a high level of trust in him and his word and it truly is the kind of faith that can move mountains. He says even at your weakest you are so strong in your faith and unwavering trust in his goodness and mercy.

Your foe is a formidable one but it can't defeat you and you will not succumb to it, you will never wave the white flag of surrender but you shall triumph over it.

I see you in the future, you are older, (yes you will live to be older so don't fear) and you are standing on a stage in front of all kinds of doctors and you are speaking about very complicated things that I can't pretend to understand but it is apparent to me by this vision that your renowned in the medical community and have come up with cures for diseases and accurate reasoning about things that have yet to be understood by the brightest doctors.

You also have on a white lab coat yourself so whether you are a doctor or a scientist, I don't know. I hope this encourages you, you are in the heat of the battle right now but you are going to be victorious. I will add you to my daily prayers as well."

Blessings!

Isn't that a WOW moment? It is just like our God to give us what we need when we need it. We are energized by it. I will leave you with that. Be inspired!
Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Reading this gives me shivers, tears and lots of hope and rejoicing. God bless you all.
    Love,
    Joann Bennett

    ReplyDelete