Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 13

Her head pain and nausea were increasing over the past two days. We were attributing these things to the starting of the Cidofovir which can take the blame in part. The head pain was indeed the beginning of another line infection. Her fever was beginning to rise, and there was pain at the site this morning. They won't be able to put another line in until tomorrow, so a peripheral IV was put in her hand, and the line will be pulled today. The drug that was stopped Monday has been restarted. Hopefully, these things will put her back into a stable state of being. Her neutrophils are still above 1000 but have dropped since the shot was stopped. Still everything else is looking good. We rejoice for every good and bad day. Her hair yesterday and today is really starting to come out. I cut off about 4-5 inches of hair today. I had the privilege of watching our research nurse coordinator present the girls case at the 2nd Annual International Association of Clinical Research Nurses Conference. He did a marvelous job. I have noisy neighbors at the Inn on both sides of me. This makes me tense. The noise went on far too late last night, so pray with me that it will be a more peaceful evening tonight, and I can get the rest I need. Many people come here from out of the country. This place is sorta like a fantasy playland hotel resort to them, and it is a big party with staying up late and running around. Then there is me who loves the facility and the care of the people, but want to experience rest and peace while here. The two clash. This remains a prayer request for me to relax and let God take care of me. I have another grand story to tell but cannot access facebook on my computer at the NIH, so hopefully soon, I can share this goose-bump story, a God story, so powerfully encouraging and hopeful that only He can provide. I love to spread the good and glorifying news of all that He is doing. All I can say is WOW!
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know that our family is still praying for Kelsey and Karly and all of you. I look forward to reading each post and seeing how you are all doing. I will leave you today with a verse.

    With love in Christ,

    Denise R. from Texas


    1 Thessalonians 5:16-24

    Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

    Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil.

    May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

    ReplyDelete