Saturday, April 10, 2010

Home a Week

We arrived home last Saturday. We were blessed to spend Sat. and Sun. with the whole family. Tyler came home to see Karly. Unfortunately, Karly woke up very early Sunday morning with a bad headache, slight fever, and vomited. Tyler wanted to spend his day with Karly so stayed home from Easter service to be with her. It was probably from a culmination of traveling, chemo that week, a double dose of IVIG, and just being worn out. She is doing much better. Everyday is a new day. I was finally able to get her moved into her room. She has a loft bed and is unable to climb up and down. We moved her mattress to the floor for now. There have been a few days we went out shopping...for a prom dress, shoes, and necessities. We do a little bit at a time. She usually comes home to nap afterwards. Life is not feeling normal, but it is good. My home is getting a clean sweep. I'm glad there is a neighborhood garage sale coming up. I am simplifying the home the best I can. It is really like we are starting anew. God has gotten rid of a lot of junk from my life. My home is just following suit. I guess what I'm saying is that I am renewing the scripture in my life that says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

I took Kelsey to the airport on Wednesday. She got refueled(IVIG). Dermatology is repeating some meds she did in the past. I know Kelsey holds no hope for these, but there is always hope. Kelsey wears duct tape on her fingers which helps her to use them, but the pain is present always. When she wears the duct tape it makes the virus grow over her fingernails causing more problems. If she doesn't wear the duct tape, the virus grows like a cauliflower. Using her fingers is even more painful because they get caught, tear, crack, and bleed more. Her HOPE is the stem cell transplant. There will be another Be The Match donor drive at Ball State University's Atrium on Friday, April 16 from 10-4. Lamentations 3:19-22 says, "I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gail. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope; Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed." We have wandered throughout Kelsey's life going to and fro, to this doctor or that service. We too have been downcast, but not bitter. We have always trusted that God would heal her in His timing, and we still hold this to be true. We also know that this may mean in her death she would be in a new glorified body. We accept that. There was a spell that I couldn't pray for her healing knowing that it could mean He would take her home, but how selfish is that. I often reflect on the story about Abraham and Isaac in Genesis 22. Would I have the faith needed to sacrifice my child if God asked? Abraham's faith was made complete. I think God would give me the faith I'd need if He asked. We're still standing strong!
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you, Kelsey and Karley at church today. Your entire family is a real testimony to God's strength and peace. May He bless you all mightily.
    Love,
    Joann Bennett

    ReplyDelete