Friday, January 15, 2010

YoYo Feelings

Although, her other counts are continuing to rise after cycle 4 of chemo, her hemoglobin did not rise today. We thought we had gotten through this round because it had risen yesterday, but today she dropped to an all time low. She will be receiving a blood transfusion-2 units later today. She had another MRI of her spleen and kidney. She walked to the procedure which is another thing they have been pushing. The big news today is that she finally pooped after 2 weeks. Maybe they will leave her alone for awhile in this area anyway. Everyone that knows me, knows that I am a planner. The days here are so NOT planned. Things pop up at any moment. I was trying to sleep in today, not thinking anything would happen. Kelsey calls me to start telling me what things Karly is going to need today, and this is only at 10:30am. You may be wondering why I wasn't up at that time. Karly slept all day yesterday and woke up at 10:30pm. This starts the late night of medications, trying to get her to eat, and massage therapy she would receive all day and night if someone was willing to do it. I didn't get to sleep until about 2:30am. I talked with her today about the need to get this sleep pattern more normal. She agrees. Yeah! Usually when we have company she likes to stay up with them to play, talk, and get massaged. I don't blame her. It is special when people visit so keep coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment