Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day -6

Today started the first 2 chemo drugs. Besides being sleepy, she is doing well. Prayer points are to keep fluid levels balanced while urinating out the chemo, keep eating, her left arm and hand are swollen(don't know if it is PICC line related or Palifermin related) but hoping no matter what it just goes away, nursing staff be on the ball(2 in a row were not good at their job and couldn't communicate with good English), and Drs. be vigilant with the numbers. I went out today to get things to liven up her room. She decided on some key saying that we hope will illicit conversations and make her smile.We are feeling settled into our transplant room and into our room at the Inn.

 We had our first visitors from Indiana. My sister Angie, her husband Eric, their 4 children, and my mom arrived with some food which came outside the hospital walls. This is always appreciated. Unfortunately, Karly slept through the entire visit, but they prayed for her and went on down to my other sister's house for 2-3 days before heading to some historic battlegrounds and sites.
   It was sad yesterday, because Karly's hamster died. She had been sick and Karly was treating her, but she just didn't pull through. She did live her life span and gave Karly and girls great snuggles and entertainment. We are now hamsterless. I guess this is a good thing. Karly won't be allowed around hamsters for at least a year or two. I cannot remember what they said. I'm sure as soon as it is allowed, we will have 3 running around...one for each of them.
   I'm having some trouble with the new blog layout..doesn't seem to allow me to do as much. Thanks for praying! Mom

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing. I am so glad to know how to pray better. Joshua 1:9 comes to mind as I pray for you all. I'm so thankful God will always be with you.
    much love & prayers,
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! "9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! Your life journey inspires MANY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rita. You are such an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete