Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day -2

Karly has been doing very well this week. This is what I expected. She is trying very hard to be as active as she can. She is eating less and becoming more tired. She fears the suffering of what the next several weeks will bring, being stuck in bed because she is weak and miserable, not eating because of the mucositis, infections of all types(fungal, viral, and bacterial), her kidneys or heart plummeting because of the nasty drugs, SO we come against all those things in the name of Jesus. May she not walk in fear, but keep strong with her eyes focused on Jesus and his miraculous healing power. She will not be allowed to leave campus for several weeks until things begin to build back up and stabilize. We have prayed and are praying for God's protection and wisdom and against all that would come against us. May our eyes be alert to the enemy prowling around: The following scriptures we pray:
"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour,
But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me."
This list is endless as is God's breath and power. Pray as the Holy Spirit leads you.

We are so looking for Tyler's arrival tonight. We pray for his safety and bone marrow harvesting on Friday morning. We pray for her body to accept it FULLY without rejection or GVHD. May this haplo-transplant pave the way for others that do not have a match.

We continue to pray that we are light-bearers. We pray for those that enter our room that they experience God's presence and seek it. AND we pray that we reflect Christ through all we do.

Thank you for standing through this with us. If you want to add a card to Karly's card wall or bless her in some way, things can be sent to: Karly Koch, The Children's Inn, 7 West Drive, Bethesda, MD 20814
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. You are all in my prayers: first, that God would be glorified through everything, secondly that Karly's body would fully accept the bone marrow and lastly that God will give you are the strength you need as you walk through this path.

    God Bless,
    Rodney Beeson

    ReplyDelete