Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


Today hasn't started out very good for Karly. It is one of those days when something is out of whack and you just can't pinpoint it. I gave her a new T-shirt and socks to help brighten her day...I think it helped.

The picture to the right was on one of her Physical Therapy days last week. It was funny when I had asked her what she had done that day and she replied, "I used 1 pound weights. Now, I'm getting buff!" I love it when she can use her humor. She is such a funny and witty girl.

I am back in my former comfortable room AND was able to go to the mall! I usually don't like malls, so it is sad when this is my fun for the day. Never-the-less it really was good to get out. Tracy, Konner, Kassidy, and my mom went to my nephew, Regan's, Eagle Scout Court of Honor in Lafayette yesterday. I was so happy that they went and supported this great achievement. I heard it was awesome!

Kelsey has been able to take her study drug. However, we haven't seen any improvement. It took about a month last time. I suppose with the break, it will take awhile for it to catch back up in her system. She returns to NIH next week to check her lungs, skin, and liver.

Mom sends me daily devotionals. Here is the part that I try to focus on: "Give yourself fully to the adventure of today. Do not give in to worry or fear, those robbers of abundant living. Trust me enough to face problems as they come, rather than trying to anticipate them. Fix your eyes on Me, the Author and perfecter of your faith, and many difficulties on the road ahead will vanish before you reach them." Those worries and fears do come in many forms, either by the innocent mention of someone else's story or comments by the doctors, but it is what I do with them that matters. Thank you for praying because it is felt by our family.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment