Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 97-DANCING WITH THE LORD















It has been 3 weeks since I've last checked in. Karly and I went to NIH over April 24-26. She had procedures done; some she didn't like, but she handled them well as usual. The big thing for that week was her "Cinderella for a Day" activities. Friday was busy with mani, pedi, hair, make-up, jewelry pick-up, pictures, limo ride to dinner, prom, and after prom. Her dreams came true with all that her fairy godmother, Tina, provided. The next night was a fancy banquet at the country club, and again she had to prepare but this time on her own. She was blessed, and so were we. This past weekend was Mother's Day. I guess I didn't focus on that. I have been asked if this day bothered me. I guess it didn't. Really it isn't unlike any day. I think of Kelsey everyday. Sometimes I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong. Not because I thought we could have a different outcome, sometimes I think that, but mostly because I hope that we have learned many things that will help others. My mind searches for those answers. I know not to focus on the past or the future. I see many things changing in Karly, but I also have hope in the Lord. I see the doctors working very diligently on making sure they don't miss anything. For this I am thankful. Tyler made it home the past two weekends which we love having everyone all together. This next weekend, Karly and I travel back to NIH, but we get to have a bit of fun seeing Deana in her play and seeing all the Gilley's. The girls spend most of their time laughing and creating random silliness. One prayer request that I can specifically think of is that Karly has been having almost daily headaches for about 5 weeks now....many causes to think of, but don't want to miss the "one". Trusting that the reason will be found. Hoping that it is nothing out of the norm....sinus...season...allergies. She has been extremely tired also....is it related? These are a few of the questions the doctors are looking into. This next visit may rule out or reveal the answer. So, how are we doing? I think we are doing well. What does well mean? It means we are not depressed, we are not sleeping away our days, we are functioning, processing, asking questions, seeking truth and realness in our relationships. People continue to help us in this process. It helps to see and hear about how Kelsey changed your lives. It encourages us. It puts a smile on our faces. Thank you for your support, your cards, your words.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another great post. It is a gift you give us each time you open up and share your thoughts, feelings, events, and concerns.
    Praying that your trip with be blessed with precious moments and beneficial findings.

    ReplyDelete